Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Fighting Narcissism: Start Small and Practice


I often have to ask myself certain questions in order to better understand what my true purpose is, and the answers always lead me to theories and hypotheses.  From the time I finished my college degree in the field of social work, I have looked at the 'social' world in a very different way from anytime before in my life.  The theories and hypotheses of social sciences became very relevant to my own life, and I find myself constantly testing social hypotheses on my own 'micro' level.

Although I see patterns in our social systems and can often see the bigger picture of social problems, I also know that I must start small when I test social theories.

When we see problems in the world, we believe that our words can change or alter these problems, except the problems most people are seeing are just the biggest ones, or the 'macro' problems, and we immediately want to do something.  Some will move forward with attempts at change while others will see the overwhelming truth in front of them and will just give up immediately.  Personally, I like to break down the macro problems so that I can begin dealing with them on a micro level first, kind of like getting practice in the minors so that I can move up to the majors.

Narcissism and NPD have become an overwhelming problem in the world, and nobody seems to know how to deal with it yet, including me.  All I can do is deal with the facts we have determined as a society so far, look for patterns, and apply these things to my own personal experience and knowledge in order to find solutions.  In order to find solutions, I must have a hypothesis to work from in order to test certain social theories.

I am using the direction of a personal issue I have with a narcissist, and testing certain theories in order to find some sort of solutions that I can then apply to the larger problem we are faced with in our world today.  If you don't believe me that this is a growing and already large issue, check out just the amount of Facebook pages devoted to Narcissist Abuse and the like.  How do you plan to face the problem?......because it is not going to get better on its own!

I realize that my community problem is mostly micro level, and that the individuals involved are tiny specks in the ocean in relation to the larger problem, but again, I must start somewhere.  Want to find test theories and decent factual evidence in regards to narcissists, the information can be found everywhere.  A good place to start is with the DSM-V so that you can begin by 'knowing your enemy'.

If this 'small fish' can find ways to deal with the problem on a micro scale in my own community, then I may be able to apply my successes to the larger picture in the future.  That is my plan and theory for the moment, and I will continue to share my findings with you here.

For the moment, I believe that if I no longer try to deal with my opponent head on, I will begin to find other opportunities.  Already I have found other avenues to expose certain truths that will only mar the image of those who have done things wrong or unethical.  The nice thing about testing my theories is that nobody will be harmed socially unless they have actually done something wrong.

Here is the neat part, if you are a narcissist, you already believe you have done nothing wrong and never do anything wrong, so when the exposure occurs, you will get to understand how it felt for your victims.  On the other hand, if you are not a narcissist, you will know immediately that you are not if you have an ounce of empathy for what I am writing.  You too have been abused and know how horrific it can feel.

The narcissist has no empathy and if you are narcissist who has affected me in a negative way, you will feel anger and frustration at the moment because you will now know you are a Narcissist, maybe for the first time.  If you are a narcissist, I am suggesting you take a very close look at yourself for the first time because when you finally see yourself clearly in the mirror, you will be devastated by how you have treated others!  The longer you wait to reflect upon yourselves, the more painful it will be.

I later considered my hypothesis and added this:A narcissist lacks empathy and there is no known cure for NPD at the moment.  My theory is that NPD can be cured and my hypothesis is that it can be cured with empathy. The methods for this will be forthcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment